Saturday 14 February 2015

Tranquility and Tilework....

Tranquil: Black and White tilework
Trapani Midnight Tile By Villa Lagoon Tile
Antique hand painted Tiles

I rarely get moments of stillness these days. Life with an 8 month old is pretty hectic, even when Alex is asleep I am always 'on duty', like a sleeping lion ready to pounce.

On Thursday I got my moment of calm reflection whilst sat in a coffee shop. It was a coffee shop I had been in a zillion times before with my sister, but this time it was empty and I was alone (with Alex asleep in his pushchair) . I had one of those really rare beautiful moments where the winter sun streams through the window, showing the little dust particles dancing and warming my face......... In an instant I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes, embracing the soothing orange light and felt so tranquil.

As I opened my eyes they were drawn to the floor. How had never noticed the beautiful terracotta tiles before?

I have taken it as a sign. I need to slow down and take time to sit and be still and cherish the smaller details.I don't need to be super mum, the best blogger, or have a perfectly tidy home. I just need to relax and enjoy these precious moments ....

The coffee shop tiles..... excuse the poor photo :)

10 comments:

Notes From ABroad said...

That is so absolutely true. Stop, slow down, soak up every moment that you can from your days and with the baby. As you can already see, they change every day .. you can almost watch them grow .. you don't want to miss a minute of it. Everything else will still be there .. concentrate on your baby and how perfect life is right now. big big congratulations on your baby :)

Moon to Moon said...

Thank you. it is such a special time. he is a dear little soul xxx

My Grama's Soul said...

You, my friend, have figured out the "secret to a happy life". Good for you.

Jo

Moon to Moon said...

Aw, thanks Jo. I think I may agree. Just hope I remember the secret next time it all gets overwhelming xxx

Meg said...

What beautiful and supportive comments! And so true, we need compare ourselves, to be super-anything. To our selves be tru. and embrace the every moment with curiosity and joy. Blessings!

Meg said...

What beautiful and supportive comments! And so true, we need compare ourselves, to be super-anything. To our selves be tru. and embrace the every moment with curiosity and joy. Blessings!

Meg said...

Sorry for the double post! And meant * need not compare ourselves and to our own selves be true! I think I need to slow down and have quiet day off line...

Laura Morrigan said...

Wow! Those tiles!

Yes, a very smart observation! Enjoy the moments!

Peggy said...

Lovely post. I find simple things make me happiest. How beautifully you described such a beautiful moment.

Heather said...

you know I think the magic is always there, moments like that are lovely because we notice it. x